Re: [xsl] xsl:include

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl:include
From: Lorraine.Gibbons@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 13:21:24 -0500
Kevin,

I have had far better resluts in using xsl:import and using an xsl:call template match="Named template in imported file".  We had similar issues in prioritizing the order that was applied when including.

Sample of Import and template calls:

<!-- BEGIN IMPORTS SECTION -->
<!-- The following section imports the subsections that are included in this form -->
    <xsl:import href="sub_assetorder_attr_transform.xsl"/>
    <xsl:import href="sub_user_attr_transform.xsl"/>
<!-- END IMPORTS -->

<!-- The IMPORTS section should contain a statement for each of the files containing the named templates -->
            <xsl:call-template name="users"/>
            <xsl:call-template name="approvals"/>
<!-- END TEMPLATE CALLS -->

Hope this helps...

Lorie Gibbons
Unilever
Trumbull, CT

Thanks for your reply, I have been toying with a few things but still no cigar.
I have my doc1.xsl set with a <xsl:template match="/">
http://www.phpro.org/doc1.xsl

and the include xsl document with the template match as
<xsl:template match="/rootnode">

>From this I get the main doc1.xsl as the 'dominant' one and the doc2.xsl
is not displayed. If I change doc1.xsl to <xsl:template match="/rootnode">
and have doc2.xsl as <xsl:template match="/"> I get the second doc
showing and not the main one.

I gather from this that the if the match is "/" then It will take
precedence over /rootnode. Do I need to be using something else?

Kind regards
Kevin