[xsl] naming conventions for modular XSLT

Subject: [xsl] naming conventions for modular XSLT
From: Harold Putman <h.putman@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 11:51:00 -0800 (PST)
Hi,
I am starting to break up my large XSLT into separate modules using xsl:include. It seems like I should have a way to indicate in my XSLT where the templates and variables come from if they are not in the same file. Is there a convention for doing this?
I am trying out using a dot in the names of things that come from extern modules. That is: main.xsl includes util.xsl.
In util.xsl I name everything that I intend to "export" with a name beginning with util.

Then in my main.xsl I have

Has anyone else done things like this? Is there any downside to doing it this way?

Thanks,

Harold Putman