RE: [xsl] Insert <options> from XML

Subject: RE: [xsl] Insert <options> from XML
From: "Fran" <franciscojose@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 12:18:57 +0100
David I want

-----Mensaje original-----
De: owner-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]En nombre de David
Carlisle
Enviado el: miércoles, 26 de noviembre de 2003 11:36
Para: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Asunto: Re: [xsl] Insert <options> from XML

Sorry David, the output I want if I have this xml

 <ROOM quantity="5">
 <ROOM>
 <ROOM quantity="2">
 <ROOM>

is to have two combo boxes with 5 and 2 <options> respectively. Exactly
this:

 <select class="combo" name="QRoom" id="QRoom">
   <option value="1">1
   <option value="2">2
   <option value="3">3
   <option value="4">4
   <option value="5">5
 </select>
and the other,
   <select class="combo" name="QRoom" id="QRoom">
   <option value="1">1
   <option value="2">2
 </select>

Thanks in advance
Frank

> I want to create an <option> from a select reading quantity attribute like
> something like this but it doesn't work:

You need to post a small example of your required output, it's no help
to post some xslt that doesn't work as only you know what it was
intended to do.

You can't change the value of a variable once it is bound so within teh
scope of
        <xsl:variable name="num" select="1"/>
$num will always be one, and attenpts to redefine it will be an error,
but I can't guess what you intended.

If I did guess, I'd guess something like

                       <select class="combo" name="QRoom" id="QRoom">
		           <option value="0" selected="selected">0</option>
			  <xsl:for-each select="ROOM/@quantity">
                          <option value="position()"><xsl:value-of
select="position()"/></option>
                          </xsl:for-each>
	               </select>

But I can't guess what you mean here:
>  Finally I want two selects whithin 5 and 2 <option>'s.

David

--
http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew