Re: [xsl] Selecting only one element using templates

Subject: Re: [xsl] Selecting only one element using templates
From: JCS <subscriber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 03:37:28 +1300
Hi all,

In answering my question I found this at ZVON which explains what I was
previously having a hard time understanding in regards to processing:

Quote:

Processing always starts with the template match="/" . This matches the root
node (the node its only element child is the document element, in our case
"source"). Many stylesheets do not contain this element explicitly. When
this template is not explicitly given, the implicit template is used (it
contains <xsl:apply-templates/> as the sole instruction). This instruction
means: process all  children of the current node, including text nodes.
Compare this stylesheet and this stylesheet . When a template for the node
exists, there is no default processing invoked. If you want to include
descendants of the node, you have to explicitly request their templates.

Just wanted to add this to this thread for future reference.

/johnny :)

--
There are no blueprints for friendships, each one is custom made.
-- Robert Scotellaro