Re: [xsl] how to estimate speed of a transformation

Subject: Re: [xsl] how to estimate speed of a transformation
From: Daniel Veillard <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 13:27:26 +0100
On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 11:04:39AM +0100, Agnes Kielen wrote:
> Hi,
> At this moment I'm writing for my company a paper about the performance of
> stylesheet processing. It covers items like generation of the  xml,
> embedding of the xslt processing in the application but also some simple
> tricks about xslt syntax. Such as use xsl:key. according Michael Kay's book
> 'it is likely to make access faster' (page 244 second edition). Furthermore

  Well if you take the fact that node-set() are new document, taht people
use them as if they were actually aliases, keys must be recomputed on
any new node-set(), having a lot of keys can actually end up being quite
costly.

Daniel

daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx  | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/
http://veillard.com/ |