Re: [xsl] how to estimate speed of a transformation

Subject: Re: [xsl] how to estimate speed of a transformation
From: David Tolpin <dvd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 16:42:08 +0400 (AMT)
> > Why don't you think it (delayed construction of the hash
> > table) should not be relied upon
> > if all usable implementations do it, and an implementation
> > that does not do it is hardly usable for the very kind of
> > applications 'key' is designed for?
> >

> Implementors are permitted to produce lousy implementations of any
> feature in the spec. No spec can prevent that. Why is this feature any
> different from others?

Because, opposite to many other features, this particular features is designed
as an optimisation hint, not as a transformation operation by itself. The only
thing it probably adds is the speed of execution. If it actually slows down operation
and eats memory, then I want to be warned, and I want the implementor to be warned
before I am.

David