Re: ISO-8859-1 encoding and XmlDecl omision (was Re: [xsl] Looking up keys in a separate xml file)

Subject: Re: ISO-8859-1 encoding and XmlDecl omision (was Re: [xsl] Looking up keys in a separate xml file)
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 17:43:53 GMT
I wrote

> It has to either ignore the omit-xml-declaration, or ignore the
> requested encoding, and to output using an encoding that doesn't require
> a text declaration (utf8 or utf16)

Actually although this is my experience of XSLT1 implementations, the
XSLT1 spec is not so explicit on the behaviour in this case.

However the XSLT2 drafts (which I've read more recently) are explicit:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-xslt-xquery-serialization-20030502/#N400318

   The omit-xml-declaration parameter should be ignored if the
   standalone parameter is present, or if the encoding parameter
   specifies a value other than UTF-8 or UTF-16.

David

--
http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew