Re: [xsl] recursive addition

Subject: Re: [xsl] recursive addition
From: "M. David Peterson" <m.david@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 16:56:23 -0700
If all the folders within a root folder have the same 'id' (what would be
the point of having the 'id' attribute on the child folder elements?) you
could do this:

<xsl:value-of select="sum(//folder[@id = 'dir0']/@files)"/>

If they dont then this would do the trick:

<xsl:value-of select="sum(//folder[@id = 'dir0']/@files) + sum(//folder[@id
= 'dir0']//folder/@files)"/>

Im even more confused from your explanation than I was the first time around
but I think one of these will help you get to where you want to go.

Best of luck,

M.