RE: [xsl] nodes or multiple runs?

Subject: RE: [xsl] nodes or multiple runs?
From: "Andrew Welch" <AWelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 09:42:44 -0000
> Is it okay to make a user process the document several times,
> or should I try to make my xslt stylesheet a one run process?

Surely the user will be unaware as to how the document is processed -
whether you apply a chain of transforms or a single transform that does
the work in the stylesheet, how will the user know?

On another point you were asking, recreating a transform chain in a
single stylesheet is very easy, much easier than writing the chain imho,
so you should have no problem there.

I remember someone posting the other day about the performance
difference between a chain and a single stylesheet, and found the chain
to be more efficient (I think, I cant find the post now).  I would say
though that for maintainability and as my personal preferance a single
stylesheet in the way to go.

andrew