Re: [xsl] nodes or multiple runs?

Subject: Re: [xsl] nodes or multiple runs?
From: Paul Tremblay <phthenry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 13:06:26 -0500
On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 09:42:44AM -0000, Andrew Welch wrote:

> On another point you were asking, recreating a transform chain in a
> single stylesheet is very easy, much easier than writing the chain imho,
> so you should have no problem there.

I'm not sure what you mean by "recreating a transform chain in a single
stylesheet."

Do you mean something like this:

<xsl:template match = "/">
  <xsl:variable name = "phase1">
    <xsl:apply-templates select = "." mode = "phase1"/>
  </xsl:variable>
  <xsl:appy-templates select = "$phase1" mode = "phase2"/>
</xsl:template>

?

If I understand things correctly, I can use this method and still
maintain the logic of my stylesheets, only having to use mode for evry
template.

Paul