RE: [xsl] alternative for modes

Subject: RE: [xsl] alternative for modes
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 10:58:00 -0000
> As I mentioned above, 'generalTemplate' can be called on
> several places in the template, because everytime I need the
> same calculations, ... on the 'root'-tag. But each time (in
> every other place), I actually need different manipulations
> on the 'child'-tag.

In effect, you want a higher-order function/template that accepts a
function/template as a parameter and then calls that function/template.

This is precisely what Dimitre's FXSL approach does. You can't supply a
template as a parameter, but you can supply a node that acts as a
surrogate for the template, so that when you apply-templates to that
node, the template that's invoked depends on which node was supplied.

Michael Kay