Re: [xsl] Trax and how to pass parameters to

Subject: Re: [xsl] Trax and how to pass parameters to
From: Paul Tremblay <phthenry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 01:07:40 -0500
On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 09:39:29AM -0000, Michael Kay wrote:

> You can't. There's a recent thread on the Saxon forum about this:
> http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1027851&forum_id=94027

Okay, this gave me enought to *finally* figure it out.

> The answer is, instead of generating your transformation as an XMLFilter,
> use a SAXTransformerHandler. You can still pipeline transformations, and in
> many ways the code is easier.

Though I'm still not sure how to do this in pure SAX, I can do it using
the javax.transform class. I think it would be worth posting my code
somewhere. While it might seem really easy to set up chains for those
fluent in java, it proved extremelly frustrating until I finally came
across the few lines of codes that did the trick.

When I first came across XSLT, I thought it was the most intuitive,
easy-to-understand language (and still do). In contrast, using javax is
the most unintuitive. I've come across so many different ways to form a
chain, and many of the examples were so close to what I needed that they
were tantalizing.

Thanks for your tip.

Paul