Re: [xsl] Re: What is the future of XSL-FO

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: What is the future of XSL-FO
From: Jirka Kosek <jirka@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 20:35:04 +0100
Kobayashi wrote:

XSL-FO to Word conversion is NOT considered as a good path, you had better
transform from original XML to Word.

But there are use-cases when this scenario is reasonable. For example you have already stylesheets which can convert your XML documents into FO and you want to import these documents (formatted) into Word for legacy users. Thats why one of my students is developing general FO -> WordML conversion tool. This tool can be even used as replacement for FO engine when you already have MS Word, which can be also used as formatting engine.

I expect that tool will be available in the summer supporting reasonable subset of XSL-FO. It will be released under open-source license for further improvements.

Jirka

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@xxxxxxxx
  http://www.kosek.cz