Re: [xsl] xslt 2.0, use case wanted.

Subject: Re: [xsl] xslt 2.0, use case wanted.
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 17:27:37 +0100
Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:
> At 8:33 AM +0100 4/6/04, David.Pawson@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>>The comparison I might make is the availability of the name of the
>>source file. Lots of people want it, and its only available as a
>>parameter to the stylesheet.
>
> By source file, do you mean the name of the XSLT stylesheet or of
> the input XML document being transformed?
>
> In either case, there may not always be such a name. Both of these
> can be provided as pure input streams or other non-named things.
> However, if the thing is named I expect there's an accessor for the
> base URI of a node somewhere that would give you what you want, at
> least for the input document, if not the stylesheet.

Indeed, you can access the base URI for a node using the base-uri()
function in XPath 2.0. So if you want to know the filename for the
input document, you can do:

<xsl:variable name="input-uri" select="base-uri(/)" />

and if you want to know the filename for the stylesheet, you can do:

<xsl:variable name="stylesheet-uri" select="base-uri(doc(''))" />

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison