Re: [xsl] Parameter entity must be defined before it is used

Subject: Re: [xsl] Parameter entity must be defined before it is used
From: Peter Flynn <pflynn@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 09:36:36 +0100
On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 11:55, Morten Andersen wrote:
> After a while of hacking java solutions, that could be done using xslt I'll
> try making a second attempt in using xsl. I have some fundamental problems
> getting started:
>
> I want to transform an xhtml file input and transform it into something
> else, but I get an error with a non defined entity.

Can you declare it?

> The document may contain mathml, danish letters fxe and other odd things.
> These things should just go straight through the transformation without any
> transformation, but the engine keeps arguing that it must be defined....

What is the entity it's complaining about? Without seeing what it is,
it's impossible to do much.

> Can it be avoided that the transformation engine worries about definitions
> of entities?

No.

> If not: how can I easily import these definitions?

If it's one of the standard character entities, just copy and paste the
declaration from one of the well-known sets of character entity
declarations such as the ones which come with DocBook. Otherwise you
must know what sequence of bytes the character entity is supposed to
represent, and make the declaration yourself.

///Peter