Re: [xsl] order-by in WD-xsl?

Subject: Re: [xsl] order-by in WD-xsl?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 10:06:58 +0100
> but I am not sure if the new namespace will work

It's not just the namespace that is different, the IE5 transformation
language is an entirely different language (and not the subject of this
list). Most people wouldn't describe XSLT which came out 5 years ago to
be "new".

> I'm new to xsl so please be gentle.
If you are using the iE5 language (which is not supported by anyone,
not even Microsoft) then you are not using xsl at all (even if Microsoft
did unfortunately call that language xsl).

> I know the old namespace should be avoided, but I am not sure if the new
> namespace will work for all users of this application (about 400 users)
> since they may not have the correct parser.

If they have any kind of supported system then they have XSLT, if they
have Microsoft's WD-XSL but not XSLT then they have a very old parser
and/or a very old browser. IE6 and MSXL have been out for  years and
years.

David

--
The LaTeX Companion