RE: [xsl] order-by in WD-xsl?

Subject: RE: [xsl] order-by in WD-xsl?
From: Myee.Riri@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 12:25:07 +1000
Hi Jack,

Thanks for the reply.

> I think now is a good time to switch from the IE5 transformation
> language to XSLT.   You're really limiting what you can do by sticking
> with the *non-supported* IE5 transformation language.

I totally agree, unfortunatetly business, and my mentor do not (I am a
trainee so I have a mentor). The problem with the whole namespace/parser
thing has put them off. I mention the little parser problem and everyone
gets extremely worried. So long story short I have been told to keep to the
old namespace. I am a lowly Analyist Programmer, I am young and fairly
inexperienced so I should heed my mentors advice.

My xml looks similar to lotus xml because it is. This is for a web page
generated from a lotus notes application. I am a Notes Developer, xsl/xml
is not my thing. I have had to learn it for this one problem. It is my
thing now though - I think I like it :). Though a lot of the questions
other people have are generally over my head.

Thanks for the heads up about openNTF. I am have only be programming in
notes for 2 months so this website has been helpful.

> This shouldn't hold you up.  We have an extranet application with users
> that use IE5, IE5.5, and IE6.  For the IE 5 and IE 5.5 users we have a
> js file that is included on the home page of the application that will
> automatically install version 3 of the MSXML parser.  If you want I can
> send you that code.  All the users will have to do is accept the
> security alert and it will install for them automatically so the cost
> will only be the time it takes for you to include the code.

Unfortunatly users cannot install anything on their c drive. I have also
been told that the script also cannot do it. They do not have access to it,
the only way is to get IBM to do it (we have a contract with them to do all
of our computer/mainframe stuff), and it is unescessary now because I have
a solution for WD-xsl. However if you would still send me the script so
that I may enhance my own knowledge it would be greatly appreciated.

I have taught myself xml/xsl from the internet, forums, pages, mailing list
archives etc. And from this material I was under the impression there was
no sort by date function. The old adage about people who teach themselves
having a fool for a master applies to me big time in this case.

But the old namespace does have a sort by date function and it is
sufficient for my needs >>>

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl"; >
<xsl:template match="/" >
<xsl:apply-templates select="viewentries/headerdata" />
<xsl:apply-templates select="viewentries/Case" />
<xsl:apply-templates select="viewentries/viewentry" order-by
= "date(DateVal)" />

So I spent about 3 days learning xml/xsl then I spent ages writing a new
xsl to sort the xml (until I recieved help from Kenny Akridge and Jenni
Tennison from this list thanks a bunch again). But I have been told to
revert to the old namespace, and sort as above.

thanks for your advice,.

Myee

NOTICE - This message is intended only for the use of the
addressee named above and may contain privileged and
confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient
of this message you are hereby notified that you must not
disseminate, copy or take any action based upon it.  If you
received this message in error please notify HIC immediately.
the views of HIC.