RE: [xsl] Is it possible to get " " in output rather than the encoded character?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Is it possible to get " " in output rather than the encoded character?
From: "Steven Reddie" <smr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 00:59:13 +1000
Hi David,

Whoops, it's getting late here and I forgot some stuff, thanks for picking
it up just before I finish for the day...

Output when xsl:output encoding="us-ascii":

The byte stream that I get has extended ascii characters "translated" to
'?'.

What I was attempting to say before was that if I can't get us-ascii to work
properly then a workaround would be to use iso-8859-1 and do the translation
of non-printable characters to &#000; format myself.

The three results show that the encoding is being considered, but for
us-ascii the output is broken.  What I'm expecting is that the processor
should be smart enough to use the &#000; notation for extended ascii
characters when in us-ascii mode.  Maybe I'm expecting too much.

Again, I'd very much appreciate it if anyone can tell me if the bug appears
to be in the processor or in my understanding.

Regards,

Steven