Re: [xsl] Is this a Saxon 8.0 bug ?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Is this a Saxon 8.0 bug ?
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 21:19:23 +0100
Hi Dimitre,

> So, my question is if I'm doing something wrong in the top-most
> (first in this message) transformation, or is this a bug in Saxon 8
> and if this is a bug, what is the recommended workaround.

You're doing something wrong in the top-most transformation: your
identity template is overriding the imported template matching
MyMaxDepth:* in func-maxDepth. Thus the f:apply() function is
returning a copy of the <MyMaxDepth:MyMaxDepth> element and the
f:map() function is returning a sequence of those elements. The max()
function is attempting to get a maximum of their values and giving an
error because it can't convert an empty string into a number.

You're not getting an error with your second top-most stylesheet
because it doesn't have this overriding identity template.

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison