RE: [xsl] Testing for a following sibling node type that occurs at a varied position

Subject: RE: [xsl] Testing for a following sibling node type that occurs at a varied position
From: "Wright, Steve" <Steve.Wright@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:13:29 -0400
Hi Wendell,
Thanks for taking a stab at this, and if I hadn't oversimplified my example
XML, your solution would be perfect - however, it still needs a little
tweaking, but I think we are very close.

The problem is that the 'B' nodes are not sequential as I had indicated in
my example, they have lot's of other variable sibling nodes sprinkled in
between them, so your test is returning true for each 'B' node since none of
them have another 'B' directly following and they all have a following 'A'.

The logic that should work would be something like:

test="following-sibling::*[any number before the next 'A'][not(self::B)] and
following-sibling::A"

Can you think of a sanctioned way to implement this?

Thanks again for all of your help.

Steve