RE: [xsl] remote stylesheet with Netscape

Subject: RE: [xsl] remote stylesheet with Netscape
From: "Passin, Tom" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 10:06:00 -0400
> From: Pilotte, James [mailto:jpilotte@xxxxxxxxxxx]
> Okay, I know I'm missing something obvious, but I can't seem to get
> Netscape to
> recognize that my stylesheet is on a remote server.   I don't have
this
> problem
> with IE.   I assume there has to be some way to tell Netscape that the
> href path
> is not "A LOCAL FILE IN THE DIRECTORY FROM WHICH THE XML WAS LOADED"
but
> rather
> just "AN HTTP ADDRESS FOR A REMOTE SERVER".  I can't seem to find an
XML

> attribute which tells the browser not to assume the href refers to the
> same base
> location as the xml file.  IE seems to recognize that this is a remote
> location.

Best to use an absolute url that starts with "http://"; if that is what
you mean.  Xml:base should work but could change the effective locatio
of other things in the stylesheet, depending on details, of course.

If you were using a Microsoft network address, like \\host\drive:path,
Mozilla won't be able to use that and so the file will not be found.  IE
will, though.

Cheers,

Tom P