Re: [xsl] hard coded list - match?

Subject: Re: [xsl] hard coded list - match?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 13:15:52 +0100
> The following select list does not come from an XML node, that's why I
> said "hard coded". So I can't run through each value

???? That's what XSLT normally does, iterates through (children of) a
node in an XML tree.

Your problem is unrelated to that and is explict in the error message
you quote:

> but got the error: "match pattern contains a variable reference"

XSLT match patterns may not contain variable references, and yours does.
(This restriction is dropped in XSLT2 but we are using XSLT1)

Don't do

<xsl:template match="option[@value=$nr]">

do

<xsl:template match="option">
	<option>
<xsl:if test="@value=$nr">
<xsl:attribute name="selected">selected</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:if>
	<xsl:copy-of select="@*|node()"/>
	</option>

http://www.star.net.uk