RE: [xsl] embedding xsl within javascript

Subject: RE: [xsl] embedding xsl within javascript
From: "Rob Bradley" <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:27:59 -0700
> where did that "so" come from?

it came from the english dictionary ;)

>What do you mean that it didn't get processed, that you got an undefined
variable error from xslt or that it put literally >{$ImgDir} into the output
or...

the 2nd one. still an issue for me tho I have it workin with the longwinded
version.
I'm now thinkin how to do via xml (dave's option 3) - this will be much more
streamlined I believe.

>Note when debbugging this sort of thing don't look at the genearted html in
a browser, look directly at the html in a text editor to see what's being
generated.

erm why not?

>Again that's an html/javascript question not an xslt one. save the
generated html to a file, load it into your browser. If >it doesn't work,
hand edit teh javascript until it does, then go back to teh xslt and
generate the javascript you need.

indeed!

*thanks*

> so what happens is that the {$ImgDir} doesn't get processed

where did that "so" come from?

What do you mean that it didn't get processed, that you got an undefined
variable error from xslt or that it put literally {$ImgDir} into the output
or...

Note when debbugging this sort of thing don't look at the genearted html in
a browser, look directly at the html in a text editor to see what's being
generated.

  **but** the rollover state doesn't seem to actually function... how odd.

Again that's an html/javascript question not an xslt one. save the generated
html to a file, load it into your browser. If it doesn't work, hand edit teh
javascript until it does, then go back to teh xslt and generate the
javascript you need.

David

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service
is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus
service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:
http://www.star.net.uk