Re: [xsl] Naming styles

Subject: Re: [xsl] Naming styles
From: xptm@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 16:12:47 +0100
Indeed i'm using only includes, not imports. However, i thought that the two
are
basicaly the same, the only diference being their precedence, concept that i
don't understand completly.

I even thought that they are interchangeble without problems in most of the
cases (altought that make me wonder why there are two elements to do the same
thing...)

So if i understand correctly, if i have several equal definitions of vars or
templates in several xsl, using import only one of the definitions is "valid"
while if i use include that will lead to conflict problems?

Regards.

Quoting David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>:

> > I have several imports, like this
>

> actually you showed xsl:include for which the "best practices" need to
> be slightly different than for xsl:import.
>
> If I'm using xsl:import (which I do, mostly) I usually try to make sure
> that any variables are defined in each stylesheet, either by having an
> explicit xsl:variable... or xsl:importing some stylesheet that defines
> the variable.
>

> when pulling together a complete stylesheet by importing all the
> components, the import precedence rules will mean that all but one of
> the variable definitions will be ignored so you just have to make sure
> that the one you want is the one with highest precedence.
>
> If you use xsl:include however, multiple definitions of the same variable
> would lead to redfinition errors and so there you need to make sure that
> your component stylesheets _don_t (re)define the variables.
>
> David

> http://www.star.net.uk

O SAPO ja esta livre de vmrus com a Panda Software, fique vocj tambim!
Clique em: http://antivirus.sapo.pt