RE: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 book in print

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 book in print
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 09:48:36 +0100
>  In the new
>     edition of my XSLT Programmer's Reference (just out)
>

> Thanks for the hint Michael.
>
> Details please?

It's actually now two books:

XSLT 2.0 Programmer's Reference

XPath 2.0 Programmer's Reference

Amazon are currently listing the second one as "not yet released", but I've
had my copy for ten days so it must be any day now.

For XSLT users, you really need both.

Wiley's seem to have done quite a good job. Their back-end processes took a
lot longer than the old Wrox Press, but I'm optimistic that will mean fewer
errors, and in the event it meant that we were able to get a lot of late
changes in, including some WG decisions made in early July. In fact, the
book is currently more up-to-date with WG decisions than the published W3C
specs.

If you're familiar with the previous edition, you'll find that about 75% of
the old material is still there and accounts for about 50% of what's in the
new books, i.e. half of the material is new.

I wish they had given more space to my name on the cover and less to my
photo, but that's just personal vanity...

Michael Kay