Re: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 book in print

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 book in print
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 10:08:37 +0100
Hi Mike,

> It's actually now two books:
>
> XSLT 2.0 Programmer's Reference
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0764569090/
>
> XPath 2.0 Programmer's Reference
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0764569104/

When I gave XSLT courses, obviously your XSLT Programmer's Reference
was always at the top of my "recommended books" list, but once the
Second Edition came out I had to add the proviso that some of the
material was based on the 1.1 WD, which of course never made it to
Rec, and was therefore not applicable.

Considering that neither XSLT 2.0 nor XPath 2.0 are Recs yet, there
will presumably be the same problem with these books. How up-to-date
are they (which Working Draft are they based on?) and what's going to
happen when the Recs come out (are you going to release a Second
Edition that reflects the Recs?)?

Cheers,

Jeni

---