Re: [xsl] misc. confusion on "footnote" handling

Subject: Re: [xsl] misc. confusion on "footnote" handling
From: Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 20:27:34 -0400
On Aug 25, 2004, at 6:19 PM, Wendell Piez wrote:

I think you can probably extrapolate from this description to see how it could apply in your case. I should think it would reduce the complexity of your templates considerably, as well as making reuse and local customization that much easier.

Thanks for the explanation Wendell!

In my current main stylesheet, I include four other stylesheets:

	biblio-driver.xsl
	document-driver.xsl
	biblio-output.xsl
	citation-output.xsl

I understand that I want to think about breaking the last two into stuff like:

	biblio-output-author-year.xsl
	citation-output-author-year.xsl
	biblio-output-footnote.xsl
	citation-output-footnote.xsl

.... and so forth, and using import instead.

However, I don't want the user to choose which stylesheet to run (main-author-year.xsl vs main-footnote.xsl). I want that to be defined in a separate non-XSL style file, and for the user always to run the same stylesheet.

Is there some smart way I can have one main stylesheet that imports different stylesheets depending on that main "class" parameter?

Maybe have a variable that defines the path to the included stylesheets based on the parameter? Alas, import seems to insist it exist at the top-level.

Bruce