Re: [xsl] collapsing number ranges

Subject: Re: [xsl] collapsing number ranges
From: Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 07:34:14 -0400
On Aug 30, 2004, at 5:53 AM, J-P S wrote:

There are type-related implications: some people would say that since
) the values of $begin and $end are integers, you should process them as
) integers rather than pretending that they're strings.

You'd have to look to the schema for a declaration of their integral
nature, though, wouldn't you? So unless you're specifically typing (and
worrying about that later on) then they might as well be strings.

I was just reminded that page numbers aren't always integers. Example: pp. iii-vi.

I guess that settles it then; better to use substrings in this case.

Bruce