Re: [xsl] collapsing number ranges

Subject: Re: [xsl] collapsing number ranges
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 10:06:39 +0100
> Well, you (and future maintainers of your code) might find the
> substring() version less obscure.

It's odd that: it wouldn't have occurred to me to use a string function
to get the last digit, certainly if you were using a language other than
xslt1 (which has a habit of coercing silently between numbers and
strings) I would have thought that using arithemetic operators
would have been far more natural than using string operations.

David

http://www.star.net.uk