RE: [xsl] invoking template for other namespace elements in mixed namespace scenario (sample XML & XSL)

Subject: RE: [xsl] invoking template for other namespace elements in mixed namespace scenario (sample XML & XSL)
From: <Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 10:13:57 +0300
Hi,

> 	<xsl:template match="my:SectionContent">
> 		<xsl:comment>SectionContent Starts</xsl:comment>
> 			<xsl:apply-templates
> select="child::*[name()!=('')]"/>

"Select every child element node whose name is not an empy string". This will
match all elements, so you could might as well just use

  select="*"

> 		<xsl:comment>SectionContent Ends</xsl:comment>
> 	</xsl:template>
>

> Problem:
>
> I have an element SectionContent that holds a huge blob of
> XHTML. I have
> manage to create templates to handle everything in that XTHML blob.
>
> But when I want to initiate processing of the BLOB from its parent
> container SectionContent I am not able to do so. I believe this has
> something to do with the template select or the way I am
> pointing to the
> given nodes under a different namespace inside that container.

You didn't show use the templates you intend to handle the elements in XHTML
namespace. Have you prefixed the match patterns with xhtml: prefix?

Cheers,

Jarno