Re: [xsl] "FLAT" XML to Hierarchical XML

Subject: Re: [xsl] "FLAT" XML to Hierarchical XML
From: Brandon Schenz <brandons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 14:01:09 -0400
My current method will be to check based on primary key fields (last, first, address, city) .

My hope was to put in a filler value until I get real values from my DB. List first "unique" customer with an ID of 1, then also use a CustomerID in the orders part of the XML during the transformation that matches (1). For the OrderID I can use the Order_Number I am getting from my partner, and then when I send it to my DB my OrderID numbers will be used instead.

*Brandon Schenz* Midwest Sports Supply Phone: 513-956-4900 Fax: 513-956-4910 E-mail: brandons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

cknell@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

" ... I have no way of knowing if the customer already exists in my DB until I attempt to add them."

O.K., once you have the file, how will you discover if a customer is already in the database?