Re: [xsl] characters in xsl

Subject: Re: [xsl] characters in xsl
From: Geert Josten <Geert.Josten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 21:53:54 +0100
I apologize, I'm making the same mistake as only a week ago. //stone _does_ match/select the document element (as long as it's name is _'stone'_). There is a twist in my brain I don't seem to get rid of...

As always, Wendell is right... :-P

> So match="stone" will match the
> document element if it's named 'root'. (Try it. :-)

Except on this, you mean "named 'stone'." here... ;-)

You mean "select expressions": there are no "select patterns" since the value of a 'select' attribute is never evaluated as a pattern. Only 'match', 'count' (on xsl:number) and 'from' (also on xsl:number) are evaluated as patterns.

Ah, nice distinction. I'll keep it in mind...

Thanx!
Geert