RE: [xsl] XML, XST, and Javascript

Subject: RE: [xsl] XML, XST, and Javascript
From: <Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 10:44:12 +0200
Hi,

> help with the % and weight, I'll need to calculate multiplication.
> Javascript seemed the logical way, but I can't figure out how to send

Why?

> XSLT:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
> xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";>
> <xsl:template match="/">
> <head>
>        <script type="text/javascript">
>        <!--
>                function percent(pom) {
>                        var max = 100;
>                        return pom * max;
>                }
>        //-->
>        </script>

If you want to use extensions written in Javascript, you have to declare them as such. Right now you're just generating a Javascript block into you result tree. See your XSLT processors documentation on how to use extensions written in Javascript.

>        <title>Weight Chart</title>
> </head>
>        <xsl:for-each select="chart/chart-head">
>
>                <h1><xsl:value-of select="chart-title" /></h1>
>        </xsl:for-each>
>
>        <xsl:for-each select="chart/chart-data">
>                                <th>Exercise</th>
>                                <th>Muscles</th>
>
>                <th>Max %</th>
>                                <th>Weight</th>
>                                <th>Reps</th>
>                <xsl:for-each select="exercise">
> select="@title" /></td>
> select="muscles" /></td>
> select="max-percent" /></td>
> select="max-percent">)" /> Lbs.</td>

This is ill-formed XML. Again, check the documentation how to call extensions, I quess something in the lines of

or just use XPath

Cheers,

Jarno