Re: [xsl] Preseving character entities

Subject: Re: [xsl] Preseving character entities
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 13:55:48 GMT
  One more thing, now my resultant documents all have encoding="us-ascii"
  in their XML declarations. Can I make them UTF-8?

you can't make them explictly utf8 but you can make them have no xml
encoding declaration at all, by specifying that you don't want an xml
declaration on your xsl:output...

except that currently saxon mplements the last draft which said that if
you specify an encoding and then specify you don't want the
xml-declaration that you get the declaration anyway (as in XSLT 1)

the new draft (following at least in part from a public comment from
me) says that xslt should do what you ask and not give you an xml
declaration in this case.

Any XML parser would then be required to correctly default this to
utf-8.

David

http://www.star.net.uk