RE: [xsl] Usage of RTF with Grouping and Count

Subject: RE: [xsl] Usage of RTF with Grouping and Count
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 14:13:56 -0000
> In my stylesheet, I have a RTF variable which contains
> following xml tree.

> description</desc><totalquantity></totalquantity>
> description1</desc><totalquantity>6</totalquantity>
> description3</desc><totalquantity>7</totalquantity>
> description</desc><totalquantity> </totalquantity>
> description1</desc><totalquantity>6</totalquantity>
> description3</desc><totalquantity>7</totalquantity>
> description</desc><totalquantity> </totalquantity>
> description1</desc><totalquantity>6</totalquantity>
> description3</desc><totalquantity>7</totalquantity>
>
> If you can see above "agwore" contains "agwore1 and
> 'agwore3" so its <totalquantity> should be agwore1's
> <totalquantity> and <agwore3>'s <totalquantity>.

How do you know that agwore contains agwore1 and agwore3, but does not
contain New1? Is it simply that a containing element has no value for
totalQuantity?

How do you compute the contents of this variable? Isn't it possible to
create one or two extra levels of hierarchy in the structure, to make your
life easier when it comes to processing the data?

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/