Re: [xsl] Re: XML / XSL Editors

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: XML / XSL Editors
From: António Mota <amsmota@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 20:24:23 +0000
Well, uptil now i've been testing XMLSpy, oXygen and Exchanger. Here's
my toughts and request for comments:

XMLSpy is realy a heavy-weight, it seems to do everything. Too many
things... And it's a lot expensive than the others, so the choice is
to buy one XMLSpy or 4/5 of the others... And i really don't like
mainstream software, reflexes of my revolutionary youth :)

I was tending to oXygen due to the positive mentions here on list. It
seems very good from the developer point of view, i really like that
trang thing, specially from learning the various languages by
converting one into another. HOWEVER it seems not so good from the
non-XSL-expert data-entry point of view. There's only the Tree Editor
that seems to me both confusing and hard to work. And this data-entry
thing is important.

Exchanger seems to be a lot better. I really like the way one can
create types (XML/Schema pieces) and then edit them. That's that what
i had in mind since the beggining, and i didn4t find the way to do it
in the other editors (not that don't exist, i just couldn't find it).
And i really like that Outliner/Editor/Tree Viewer for the data entry
thing. It seems to me a good balance beteween development capabilities
and data-entry facilities.

So i'll like to ear some comments from you guys, besides "then go with
Exchanger if you liked it", mainly because i ddidn4t test *that* much
and i'm probably missing something around the way...

Thanks, and excuse the bad english...