RE: [xsl] Multiple IDs

Subject: RE: [xsl] Multiple IDs
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:12:19 -0000
> So Michael, what does the id() function do in the case stated
> by Elliotte?
> You didn't comment on that

Actually I drafted a comment mentioning that the prose was typical of James
Clark: he states the bare essentials, and leaves the reader to draw the
necessary inferences. But then I thought the comment might appear insulting,
so I deleted it.

If the second element is treated as not having a unique ID, the inference is
that the id() function will return only the first element.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/