RE: [xsl] XSL Transformation overhead

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSL Transformation overhead
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 15:51:12 -0000
> My question is at a load of 15 TPS what would be CPU usage if 120000
> transformations occur for a period of 2 hours continuously

You'll have to do your own measurements, because it's very sensitive to the
way the stylesheets are coded and the size of the source documents. It also
depends, of course, on your choice of XSLT processor. There are wide
differences.

It's important to compile stylesheets once only and then use the compiled
stylesheet repeatedly.

Are all the transformations applied to different source documents? Caching
of source documents and/or transformation results can also be very useful.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/