RE: [xsl] XSL Transformation overhead

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSL Transformation overhead
From: Pieter Reint Siegers Kort <pieter.siegers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:31:59 -0600
Hi Rajan,

in addition to all the posts, if your xslt stylesheets do not change, then
you will want to preload them and add them to some type of cache, this would
eliminate multiple parsing and loading penalties.

Also, starting up Java has some costs but only the first time.

60,000 faxes per hour of each 50KB does require some hardware, and I think
it would be appropiate to have each transformation conclude as this frees up
resources.

Like MK and other say, your next step should be running and monitoring the
system and if necessary determine performance bottlenecks - that way you'll
get to the specific system components that you should change in one way or
another.

When you do that you'll be able to come up with more specific questions.

Good luck!

HTH,
<prs/>