[xsl] Postings to XSL-List with Uninformative Subject Lines

Subject: [xsl] Postings to XSL-List with Uninformative Subject Lines
From: B Tommie Usdin <btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 16:18:12 -0500
I am seeing a lot of postings to XSL-List with uninformative subject lines.

In your future postings to XSL-List please provide an informative title or subject line. Good subject lines - those that describe the subject matter of your message - not only increase the chances that you will receive answers to questions or responses to comments, they also make your message and any replies to it accessible in the list archives.

When replying to a message with a useless subject line - one that describes the author rather than the question (e.g., "Dumb Question") or the use the person wants to put the information to instead of the question (e.g., "Help me with my Homework"), please change the subject line to something that describes the subject of the post. I know that this messes up the threading, but it's still better than an archive full of postings with subjects like "UREGENT - Help Me with XSL Question".

Thanks.

-- Tommie Usdin
   XSL-List Owner

B. Tommie Usdin                        mailto:btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx