Re: [xsl] How to used HTML tags with XML/XSL

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to used HTML tags with XML/XSL
From: Ahmed El-dawy <aseldawy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 18:25:47 +0200
Thanks very much.
It works correctly but it overrides other tags I use in other XSL
files and import using <xsl:import> tag.
I think it is a problem with priority or something like this.
Also when I use xmlns:h and changed * to h:*, it does not do anything at all.
The header is now like this:
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:h="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";>
Is this correct?

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 16:02:49 GMT, David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Note that XSLT has no access to the tags used in your source file, it
> works with a tree of nodes (which is generated by an XML parser, which
> interprets the tags)
>
> You probably just want a default template that copies elements from the
> source
>
> <xsl:template match="*">
> <xsl:copy>
>  <xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
> <xsl:apply-templates/>
> </xsl:copy>
> </xsl:template>
>
> Then any element for which you don't define a more specific template
> will just be copied.
>
> If your input uses the xhtml  namespace for xhtml elements then
> you could restrict copying just to xhtml elements by changing * to h:*
> in the above and declaring xmlns:h to be the xhtml namespace at the top
> of your stylesheet.
>
> David

> http://www.star.net.uk

Regards,