Re: [xsl] How to used HTML tags with XML/XSL

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to used HTML tags with XML/XSL
From: Ahmed El-dawy <aseldawy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 20:11:41 +0200
I got it!
Some templates were applied using the copy template (basicHTML.xsl)
because they have no template match at the other file
(tabbedNotebook.xsl). I made this because, for some tags, I just
wanted their CDATA values to be copied (which is the default). I have
made simple templates to copy their CDATA and it worked perfectly.

Thanks alot for your help.

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:20:55 GMT, David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > But it didn't work as I want.
>
> but how did it work:-)
>
> If the template to copy html didn't get applied then some other template
> must have been applied, if you tell us which one that was, and which
> stylesheet file it was in, we can suggest how to change things so it is
> applied.
>
> conversely if the copy templae is applied to often and is overriding
> some other template that you want to use on non-html elements, again say
> which template is being overwridden and which stylesheet it is in.
>
> You have
> <xsl:import href="basicHTML.xsl"/>
> <xsl:include href="tabbedNotebook.xsl"/>
>

> the xsl:include is basically the same as just putting all the included
> templates into your top level xsl, and all these templates should then
> have higher imprt precedence than the templates for basicHTML.xsl.
> which is what you want.
>
> David

> http://www.star.net.uk

Regards,