Re: [xsl] Yes, grouping is possible even on N keys, where N is not known at compile time (Was: Re: [xsl] Muench method for two or three keys? (Sorting and Grouping))

Subject: Re: [xsl] Yes, grouping is possible even on N keys, where N is not known at compile time (Was: Re: [xsl] Muench method for two or three keys? (Sorting and Grouping))
From: "Joris Gillis" <roac@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 19:27:52 +0100
Tempore 09:33:11, die 01/17/2005 AD, hinc in xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx scripsit Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>:

I don't think you can use muenchian grouping for more than 1 level of
grouping (could be wrong).

Yes, Muenchian grouping using more than one key (nested grouping) is being used in practice.

Thanks for your correction. I should not have doubted the functionality of XSL nor the skills of its guru's.

Thanks for the pointers. The technique (stringwise concatenation to build keys) seems surprisingly logic.

regards,
"Et ipsa scientia potestas est"  - Francis Bacon , Meditationes sacrae