Re: [xsl] Entity Questions

Subject: Re: [xsl] Entity Questions
From: "Luke Shannon" <lshannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 14:36:55 -0500
Hi David;

This is where my inexperience in XSL is going to become very appartent.

I am trying to implement what you suggested in your last email (a template
matching "p"). The problem is a template is producing the output I am
working with.

The Transformer doesn't like to see a template within a template (below is
my template).

I was thinking about implementing a global find and replace function that
would take an input string, target and replacement as params. It would
recurse until all the targets in the string have been replaced. I would have

Is there an easier approach?

<xsl:template name="text_display_and_edit">
<xsl:param name="text_number" />
<xsl:param name="textname" select="concat('TEXT',$text_number)" />
<xsl:if test="DATA/VERSION/ITEM[@NAME=$textname] !=''" >
<xsl:value-of select="DATA/VERSION/ITEM[@NAME=$textname]" />
</xsl:if>
</xsl:template>