Re: [xsl] recommendations on books

Subject: Re: [xsl] recommendations on books
From: RQamar <qamar_rahil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 13:50:18 +0000
Thanks David for the strong recommendation. I hope someday I'll be an XSLT and XPath wiz-kid as well :).

Rahil

M. David Peterson wrote:

Not that my recommendation has anything even close to the same impact
as DaveP but coming from the standpoint of someone who has been
consumed by all things XSLT 2.0 such that I can learn how to better
integrate Saxon.Net into the .Net platform as well as become an
overall better programmer I can assure you (and anybody else) that
just as was expected these two books have not/do not leave my side ...
While I am most definitely looking forward to adding Jeni Tennisons
2.0 title to my collection when it is published these two titles have
been and will continue to be my goto reference manuals looking to
Jeni's title to help supplement in the areas in which I may be
struggling with...

With that said I can definitely say that having the two titles
separate has become a huge benefit as XPath 2.0 and XSLT 2.0 are two
totally and completely different languages.  By referencing them as
separate languages that just so happen to work really well together
(well, XSLT 2.0 wouldn't work without XPath 2.0 where as the reverse
is not true) it has helped keep them separate in my mind and as I am
beginning to learn more about XQuery this has proven to be a HUGE
help!

Hope this helps :)

<M:D/>