RE: [xsl] case-sensitivity in xml

Subject: RE: [xsl] case-sensitivity in xml
From: "Pawson, David" <David.Pawson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 15:24:18 -0000
    -----Original Message-----
    From: Michael Kay

    As far as the XPath/XSL specs are concerned, a collation is
    just a URI, and the way in which collations are defined is
    up to the vendor. The saxon:collation element was my first
    attempt, the structured URI format

    http://saxon.sf.net/collation?lang=en;strength=primary

    was my second. At present, both are supported. If you
    really want to define your own collating algorithm in Java
    the structured URI still allows this, the URI can include a
    parameter class=the.class.name to reference the Java code.
    But most of the time, I expect people will be happy to pick
    up a collation for a given language and strength from the
    underlying Java VM.

Thanks Michael.... simpler question then.

What (in that query string) tells me that its case-unaware?
  OK, its English, I can infer that.
   Primary strength?
   (Sounds like an advert for glue :-)

Next one, I'd certainly be happy to pick up a collation....
   Where do they grow please?
Any references where I might look?

http://www.unicode.org/faq/collation.html#01  gives me a link to a Sun
end of life page.

Other google results mainly point to implementing collations in java.

Any more input appreciated.

regards DaveP

--
DISCLAIMER: