[xsl] Matching XML elements for HTML output

Subject: [xsl] Matching XML elements for HTML output
From: "Rolando Isidoro" <rli@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 19:50:02 -0000
First of all, let me apologize for the length of the message, but its the
only way I came up with since attachments arent allowed in this list.

Ive been working on a XSL document in order to perform a transformation
from an OAI-PMH generated XML output, which comes in a Dublin Core element
set format, to HTML.
Im having trouble filtering some of the elements that I want to be hidden
in the resulting HTML. Heres an example of a resulting XML document:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="example.xsl"?> <OAI-PMH
xmlns="http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/";
        xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/
            http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/OAI-PMH.xsd";>
    <responseDate>2004-11-15T13:21:38Z</responseDate>
    <request verb="ListRecords"
metadataPrefix="oai_dc">http://resgenchem15.chem.wisc.edu/spt/SPT--OAI.php</
request>
    <ListRecords>
        <record>
            <header>
                <identifier>oai:jce.divched.org:jcedlib-58</identifier>
                <datestamp>2003-06-03</datestamp>
            </header>
            <metadata>
                <oai_dc:dc
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/oai_dc/
http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/oai_dc.xsd";
xmlns:oai_dc="http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/oai_dc/";
xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/";>
                    <dc:title>Journal of Chemical Education Digital
Library</dc:title>
                    <dc:creator>John W. Moore</dc:creator>
                    <dc:description>The JCE Digital Library (JCE DLib) was
established in 2003 as a result of an NSF grant. It is a part of the NSDL,
and initially includes four features: WebWare, DigiDemos, QBank, and
SymMath.</dc:description>
                    <dc:publisher>The Division of Chemical Education, Inc.,
of the American Chemical Society</dc:publisher>
                    <dc:date>2003-01-01</dc:date>
                    <dc:type>Collection</dc:type>
                    <dc:format>text/html</dc:format>

<dc:identifier>http://jce.divched.org/JCEDLib/</dc:identifier>
                    <dc:language>en</dc:language>
                    <dc:relation> isPartOf: ISSN:0021-9584</dc:relation>
                    <dc:rights>Copyright 2003 by the Division of Chemical
Education, Inc., American Chemical Society.</dc:rights>
                    <dc:subject>Elementary / Middle School</dc:subject>
                </oai_dc:dc>
            </metadata>
        </record>
        <resumptionToken>-_--_-oai_dc-_--_-20</resumptionToken>
    </ListRecords>
</OAI-PMH>

So far, Ive managed to match all the elements belonging to the dc
namespace, but when I try to match elements such as <request>, <identifier>
of <datestamp> it doesnt seem to work. Heres an example of how Im trying
to match the elements:

            <xsl:template match="dc:language"/>     WORKS

            <xsl:template match="datestamp"/>        FAILS

Ive tried several solutions for the matching with the same result. Can
anyone tell me how can I get it to work?

Thanks in advance,
Rolando