Re: [xsl] XSLT use cases; data-centric to document-centrictransformations

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT use cases; data-centric to document-centrictransformations
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 12:52:20 GMT
> But I think authors of xslt processors will focus
> primarily on real world stylesheets than on weird ones.

Having a single template is not weird, in fact while XSLT was being
designed it was thought to be such a common and important use case that
a special "easy" syntax was designed for that case. The "literal result
element as stylesheet" (or in xslt2 terminoligy "simplified stylesheet")
If your stylesheet just consists of a single template matching "/" you
can drop the outer xsl:tstylesheet and xsl:template element markup.

> Yes, I'm sure. I only select child-nodes.
> And the stylesheet works, when there are not 500 but only 200 block-level
> elements.

Strange.

David

http://www.star.net.uk