Re: [xsl] aborting element creation

Subject: Re: [xsl] aborting element creation
From: "Joris Gillis" <roac@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 18:53:00 +0100
Tempore 18:44:18, die 02/10/2005 AD, hinc in xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx scripsit Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Actually, using xsl:element name="{EXPR}" with a bad element name is defined in the spec to be a recoverable error, and the recovery action is exactly as you describe.

Really? What a coincidence...

But it's implementation-dependent whether a product reports
the error or takes the recovery action, and in my view this is one of those errors that really ought to be fatal.

I never took a good look at it, but IMHO I think the idea of letting the implementation decide what to do with xsl errors is rather bizar. It should at least be controllable.

Use conditional logic in your stylesheet, it's a much better solution.
If You say so, I'll have to resign...:)

regards,
Vincit omnia simplicitas
Keep it simple