Re: [xsl] Transformation of

Subject: Re: [xsl] Transformation of
From: Colin Paul Adams <colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11 Feb 2005 13:11:57 +0000

    >> We can argue about it - it depends upon the parser - a parser
    >> that rejected such names would not be in-compliant.

    Dimitre> Can you quote any section of the XML Spec which
    Dimitre> prescribes that an xml parser must raise an error on a
                                           ----

No.

    Dimitre> If there isn't such a text, then a parser rejecting such
    Dimitre> names is not compliant with the spec.

That does not follow. As long as it MAY raise an error, then it is compliant.

And the word "reserved" does mean that it is not permitted.

A simple example - if you park your car in the space marked "Reserved
for the managing director" - how long do you think you will keep your job?
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire